Friday, August 29, 2008

What a Narrow escape!

The time was 7.40-7.50 pm, yesterday.. 28 Aug 2008. I was cruising at PIE first lane at around 80 km/hr.. A Toyota Hiace Van was travelling on the second land at around 70-75 km/hr.. I was gaining distance slowly towards the van when.. A Subaru WRX and a if I am not wrong Honda Civic was racing each other on the third slow lane. The Civic had an upper hand and zoomed pass by the WRX within the third lane.. That Stupid WRX Driver was too engrossed in catching up with the Civic that when he switch to the second lane, his distance was too near to the Hiace Van and the WRX side door hits the van front. The van hits the brake and swerve in my path. The centre of gravity of the van is way to high for this kind of speed and as such the van flipto its sides. Sparks can be seen as the van side body drags through the tarmac of the road. all this while I was noticing the event unfolding in front of my eyes. As soon as the van flipped and slide in my lane I hit the brake.. DAMN HARD...

That sequence of events which lead to the whole of traffic from PIE to a standstill. I was lucky that my speed was not fast enough and was in the nick of time to hit my brakes.. If the van had flipped right on my car.. I am not sure what is the consequences going to be..

This whole event I believe the WRX driver was totally at fault. He is such a reckless driver and involve in car racing at the peak hours of the day.. Totally uncalled for.. So irresponsible of him to do such a thing.. For me .. it was liek watching movie of a high speed car race that end up in a car crash but this time it happen LIVE..

PLEASE DO NOT INVOLVE IN SPEEDING AND CAR RACING AT ANY POINT OF TIME!!!

The one and oni

Nizam

No comments: