Saturday, January 10, 2009

False Alarm at my Block 239 Bukit Batok

I was at my mum's place when someone gave SCDF the false alarm of a fire. Here is the reported case that I have sent to STOMP.

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singaporeseen/viewContent.jsp?id=50442

STOMPer MH was shocked when he saw firefighting vehicles outside his HDB block. However, he soon realised that there was no fire and felt annoyed by the person who raised this false alarm.

He says:"I took this video clip showing some of the emergency vehicles leaving the premises after discovering the false alarm.

"Around 6.45pm yesterday (January 8), I realised that a few police cars and a fire engine had arrived at Block 239, Bukit Batok East Ave 5."I was surprised and shocked as there were no apparent signs that there was any emergency at my block.

"No smoke or commotion within the neighbourhood before the emergency vehicles arrived."Firemen combed the area and even went to the address of the alleged fire but it was all a false alarm.

"An advice to everyone, please do not abuse our emergency lines."Somewhere out there, we might have a real situation that requires their assistance."

When contacted, SCDF confirmed that it had been a false alarm.

Says the spokesperson for SCDF:"We received a call around 6.30pm."One fire engine, two fire bikes and a red Rhino was deployed to the scene.

"Upon reaching the location, we did not find any fire."

No comments: